“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
Food Recovery Program
Cornucopia, partnered with SEDI (Sustainable Economic Development Initiative of Northern Arizona) for the Verde Valley and funded by Arizona Community Foundation of Yavapai County for the Quad Cities, has launched a Food Recovery Program to reduce food waste by farmers, grocery stores, restaurants, and facilities with central kitchens by transferring food to emergency food providers and residential programs in the Verde Valley and Quad City Areas.
Yavapai County Food System Action Plan
What is a Food Plan? A Food Plan creates a framework for establishing local influence and greater control over our county’s food system to mobilize community investment in achieving better health for its residents through an improved food system that enhances our economy.
A Food Plan strives to achieve countywide food security and reduce hunger. Food security ensures that all residents have access to healthy food at all times. This initiative develops local resources that make healthy food available to food-insecure residents living in poverty and/or food deserts, and all other residents.
Fiduciary Agent support to Community Service Organizations – Affiliates
Cornucopia offers a wide range of programs, services and support offerings to individuals, organizations and the public sector. We share resources, important information, help make connections, support our Affiliate projects to receive tax deductible donations and grants and so much more!
We provide ever-expanding services to our Affiliates, who have found a need and are filling that need, the grassroots difference makers!
All part of the services we provide our Affiliates here at Cornucopia Community Advocates:
- Acting Fiduciary Agent for the Affiliate
- Fiduciary Agent: one who has the power and obligation to act for another (often called the beneficiary) under circumstances, which require total trust, good faith and honesty.
- Allow you to receive tax-deductible donations and apply for grants.
- Supporting your organization through marketing efforts, such as a presence on our website, events calendar, social media posts and sharing information about your services, events and news about your activity through social media, email campaigns and featured articles and information via our website and appropriate literature.
- Promoting Volunteer Programs that include your organizations, if requested.
- …and more!
Arizonans Preventing Hunger Action Plan
.…the first essential component of social justice is adequate food for all mankind. Food is the moral right of all who are born into this world. – Norman Borlaug
- A plan on how to mobilize people to prevent hunger in Arizona.
- Read to learn how to get involved.
Emergency Financial Aid
- When referred to us by St. Vincent De Paul churches, Catholic Charities and Verde Valley Medical Center in the Verde Valley Area, who have evaluated the need, we may be able to offer financial relief for rental, utility and other various needs resulting from hardships.
- Requests for assistance must come through one of these organizations via a completed application, so please contact one of those nearest locations for assistance.
- This program is possible only through the generous grants, donations and State Tax Credit Charitable Donations made. Donations are always welcome to help support those in need.