SNAP Solutions – Sedona
Locally preparing to feed those affected by the significant reduction in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits.
- Establishing a mobile pantry in Sedona.
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance will explore options for delivery of commodity boxes for seniors.
- Exploring options for establishing a food storage center for use by Verde Valley Caregivers and other emergency food providers in Sedona.
- Bring Market on the Move to Sedona, needing a large parking lot for the delivery and distribution of food.
- The City of Sedona has established a link to the Cornucopia 2018 Emergency Food Resource Directory residing on the Cornucopia website.
- Much more….
There are quarterly follow-up meetings planned to ensure the action items we’ve established are carried out and new ideas are discussed.
The meeting with the Emergency Food Providers in Sedona was a great success and proof of the commitment and involvement of the community to help our food-insecure residents!
Thank you to all involved!