“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
Volunteers are the heart beat of nonprofit organizations, especially ours!
Our Food Recovery Program has an incredible group of Volunteers who have helped make this program a great success! In just over 1 year they have helped rescue over 100,000 pounds of food! This major milestone was made possible because of our part-time coordinators, volunteers and donors who support the recovery of surplus food that otherwise would have gone to waste from grocery stores, restaurants, dining halls, local gardeners and other locations then helped transport it to hunger-fighting partner agencies in our communities.
Without the compassionate commitment of our volunteers we could not have made this impact and it’s just the beginning! Food rescuing is not only a Cornucopia Community Advocates initiative but also a Nationwide and an International focus!
“I have chosen to volunteer and support Cornucopia and the Food Recovery Project because I feel it is important to help people in need. This program helps to get food to people who need it.” – Leslie G.
“I volunteer because food “waste” can and should be recovered to assist the hungry in Prescott AND because of the significant link between food waste and its impact on climate change. And I volunteer because of my faith calling me to action.” – Patrick Grady
Thank you to our Volunteers, you are all Angels!
To join these great Volunteers or for more information, please contact us at (928) 284-3284 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities with our Food Recovery Program and other programs
- Interviewing food sources for donation links (food source)
- Interviewing emergency food banks for food donation links (food recipients)
- Transporting donated food from food sources to local food banks
- Volunteer activity coordinator
- Volunteer recruiting
- Assist in creating gardens
- Assisting in caring for community gardens
- Supporting school gardens
- Teaching classes (gardening, nutrition, healthy cooking, etc)
- Administrative assistance
- Food Hub assistance
- Food Hub – delivery
- Fundraising event assistance
- Volunteering private land for composting and or gardening
- and more!