“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
Volunteers are the heart beat of nonprofit organizations, especially ours!
Our Food Recovery Program has an incredible group of Volunteers who have helped make this newly launched program a great success! In just over 6 months they have helped make many connections with food sources and Emergency Food Providers in Yavapai County rescuing over 52,000 pounds of food in just over 6 months! This major milestone was made possible because of our part-time coordinators, volunteers and donors who support the recovery of surplus food that otherwise would have gone to waste from grocery stores, restaurants, dining halls, local gardeners and other locations and deliver it to hunger-fighting partner agencies in our communities.
Without the compassionate commitment of our volunteers we could not have made this impact and it’s just the beginning! Food rescuing is not only an initiative in Yavapai County but Nationwide and an International focus!
Thank you to all of our Volunteers, you are Angels!
To join these great Volunteers or for more information, please contact us at (928) 284-3284 or email us at email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities with our Food Recovery Program and other programs
- Interviewing food sources for donation links (food source)
- Interviewing emergency food banks for food donation links (food recipients)
- Transporting donated food from food sources to local food banks
- Volunteer activity coordinator
- Volunteer recruiting
- Assist in creating gardens
- Assisting in caring for community gardens
- Supporting school gardens
- Teaching classes (gardening, nutrition, healthy cooking, etc)
- Administrative assistance
- Food Hub assistance
- Food Hub – delivery
- Fundraising event assistance
- Volunteering private land for composting and or gardening
- and more!