Cornucopia’s Food Recovery Program has been chosen to participate in Arizona Partnership for Healthy Communities‘ Live Well Arizona Incubator Program and we are thrilled!
Improving the well-being of all Arizonans cannot be the work of health care or public health professionals alone; instead we need practitioners from multiple sectors working together with community members to improve the underlying conditions where people live. The Arizona Partnership for Healthy Communities and Vitalyst Health Foundation are partnering to support efforts that reflect this cross-sector approach in communities throughout Arizona through our Live Well Arizona Incubator.
Research has shown that perhaps the greatest predictor of differences in our health, well-being and longevity is our zip code. A zip code is so powerful because it captures all of the elements of a healthy community. Community design, quality affordable food, education, housing, transportation and access to care are just some of the components. For more information about these and more elements, please visit the Live Well Arizona website.
The Live Well Arizona Incubator is looking for motivated teams that have identified a geographically-based health issue that lends itself to a multi-sector solution. Teams selected for the Incubator will be matched with a coach to guide them through the collaboration process and prepare the team to expand its work.
The Live Well Arizona Incubator will provide a coach who will guide the team through an eight- to ten-month process that will: expand and strengthen the team, cultivate community engagement, analyze and clarify the issue/opportunity, establish shared goals and objectives, and develop an action plan. At the end of this process, the team will be in a position to take the next steps in addressing the community issue.
Each team must be committed to:
- Working with the coach to identify and recruit key partners, including community members, and gain their commitment
- Meeting at least monthly with the team and coach
- Arranging the logistics for the meetings
- Working together through a collaborative process
- Documenting progress
- Participating in three in-person meetings to be held in the Phoenix area between September 2018 and May 2019
The Live Well Arizona Incubator selected teams based on the following criteria:
- The identified issue/opportunity is place-based, rather than population-based.
- The identified issue/opportunity lends itself to a cross-sector response and solution.
- The identified issue/opportunity is a core element of a healthy community.
- The applicant has a team representing at least 2-3 sectors.
We are committed and we are ready to help improve well-being through food recovery for as many as we can. Join us! Contact us at info@cornucopiacommunityorg